You and your parents are always welcome to contact us with any questions you may have.




To answer questions about entering into a fixed term Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement with Carlain Property for 2017-18


What do I need to do?

First: - If you are a new Carlain Property Tenant, set-up an Account on “Click & Let”, www.clickandlet.co.uk. This creates your application form.

You also sign two copies of the Tenancy Agreement. Please note that signature of the Tenancy Agreement confirms your agreement to rent the property.

Should you withdraw from the tenancy between signing the Tenancy Agreement and the Commencement Date you remain liable for the rent payable. You will be released from your obligation to pay the rent due if you find a replacement tenancy member with the consent of of your housemates before the Tenancy Commencement Date (no-one already signed up with Carlain Property for 2017-18 counts as a replacement!).

You also sign two Standing Order forms.

You provide a form of suitable ID to comply with the Tenant’s “Right To Rent”.
All your documents will be accessible within your account on “Click & Let” at www.clickandlet.co.uk


Do I need to pay anything?

Yes. On signing the Tenancy Agreement, you pay a deposit of £300 per person. If you are unable to pay the deposit in full on signing the Tenancy Agreement, you must pay the remainder by 24th January.

Your deposit will be insured with Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd trading as my|deposits (TDSL) www.mydeposits.co.uk and we will provide you with a copy of your insurance certificate.


When do I pay the rent?

The first rent payment is due on 1st July. The remaining rent payments are then due on 1st August, 1st September, 24th October, 24th January and 24th April.

The rent payments and dates are detailed in the Schedule of Rent Payments attached to the Tenancy Agreement.


What if somebody will pay the rent for me?

If a Tenant’s parent or guardian will pay the Rent, we will send them a standing order form to complete.


Do I need a Guarantor?

Yes. We write to each Tenant’s parent or guardian asking them to complete and return a Guarantor Form. Every Tenant must provide a completed Guarantor Form before they move into a property.


What is a Standing Order?

A Standing Order is different to a Direct Debit. It is YOUR instruction to your bank – only you can talk to them about it; we do not have any authority to talk to your bank on your behalf.





Don't want to miss a property? Stay up to date with all the news from Carlain Property by signing up for our newsletters.


Use your favourite social media platform to stay in touch with Carlain Property



Carlain Property

PO Box 1177


GL50 9TT

Phone or Text:

+44 (0) 7711 784192

+44 (0) 7779 023111

+44 (0) 7946 232052 




© 2017 Carlain Property | Created by Alpine Web Design